måndag, januari 08, 2007
First day
I don’t have internet yet so I am writing in Word now till I get my internet so I can put it in my blog. Yesterday I arrived to Sussex with my dad. As usual I read like the whole Quran while lifting haha.. I was really scared because I hate to fly. However, after a couple of minutes I felt better and I also managed to sleep for a while. When we arrived to Heathrow airport we took a bus to Brighton and from there another bus to my university. Because I was one day too late I had missed the introduction and the meetings with my course coordinator so I was stressed. I had to do everything really quick so that I could go and get my keys for my room off campus. I didn’t know that I could get my keys directly instead of first paying the rent and then getting the keys, so the university ordered a taxi for us so that we didn’t have to carry all of the baggage. The taxi driver was so nice. He was talking all the time telling us about the different streets and building here in Brighton & Hove. He showed us for example where John Lennon’s father died and where really rich people live. We had like a little guiding tour before arriving to my “lovely” apartment. When I first saw it from outside it was really nice and I thought that I’ll enjoy living there, but when I opened the door and I was welcomed by the most disgusting smell, I changed my mind. It was such a small room with a really thick carpet (where I think the smell came from) and it was so cold. The kitchen and the toilet were downstairs next to each other and it was so dirty!!! My dad told me to go back to the university and ask them for another room. I know that the standard of the houses here is not as good as in Sweden but I never thought that t would be so disgusting. Neither of us could sleep there, not even for one night. I’m sure we would get sick if we stayed. I didn’t open any of my bags and went to the university and spoke to one guy who worked there. He was really helpful and arranged an emergency-room for us on campus. It was such a nice room with a toilet in it. Very fresh! He told us that we could only stay there till Monday when the house council open again and then they’ll try to find another room for me.
